Sunday, January 31, 2010

You have been gone 1 year today...

A year ago today, I pulled back the covers and you were gone.

No sweet little chirp, no happy good morning so
ng.

I fell to my knees, in such disbelief

My little Corkey, come back to me!

Laying cold and still, in final slumber.

I held you close, but could not warm you.

Our time together, now seems so short, even though 16 years past in a flash.

By my side through so much pain and growth, you made me smile and made me laugh.

You taught me what unconditional love is, you taught me, that it is ok to love.

You listened to me, as I cried. You were there in some of the worst and best years of my life.

I know the strength you gave me and the courage to be strong.

I will cherish that gift, my whole life long.

Always loving me and offering support.

My best friend, who could ask for more?

A friend, that could never be replaced and always in my heart.

I still look at your picture and visit your grave

I smile when I think of how much you gave.

The tears have not stopped nor has your memory faded.

A deep part of my heart, will always feel jaded.

Thank you for your love, being part of my life, and sharing so much, my friend.

If I could turn back the clock, knowing how it would end, I would indeed, do it all again.


~I love you my little Corkey Porkey. I miss you, every day. I do have Loki now, and he is so very sweet and smart and I love him too...but nothing will ever replace the deep bond that you and I have. I am grateful, to have felt total, unconditional love, once in my life and I will always be grateful to you, for sharing that, with me.

January 31, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment